Cancellations & Refunds
We do our best to go above and beyond to provide support to our customers throughout the purchasing process including pre-sale, delivery, and post-delivery support.
Your order can be cancelled for cash refunds as long as it meets all the criteria:
- The item(s) that you have purchased is not in our possession and/or has not partially arrived.
- The item(s) are not in transit to us from the supplier
- The manufacturer has yet to invoice us
- We can cancel the order with the supplier
- There is no open claim with the manufacturer on your order.
There is a 35% re-stocking fee to cancel an order that does not satisfy all of the above criteria. Once and item is shipped and in transit, it can no longer be cancelled for a refund and will be treated as a return subject to a re-stocking fee of 35%. Furthermore the 35% re-stocking fee will apply if delivery is refused once the item is shipped. Shipping is non-refundable in this case.
Please note if the payment of your order has been charged cancellations are subject to cancellation fee of 2.9% + $0.30 of the total purchase price for the following reason: the credit payment processing gateway charges a transaction fee 2.9% + $0.30 to process payments and unfortunately do not return this fee for refunds.
FurnishMyHome.ca will not incur this cost and thus the client is subject to this cancellation fee. However the cancellation is fee is not completely lost, FurnishMyHome.ca will put any cancellation fees towards an in-store credit for future purchases after your cancellation.
Please contact Customer Service as soon as possible with your order number, a detailed description of the issue along with a photo while requesting a return. To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unassembled and unused, in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
- You have 5 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Items have to be un-assembled (never assembled) and in original packaging and without any damages
- There will be a charge of restocking fee of 35% of the final price of the product.
- The buyer is responsible for the return shipping costs.
- All mattresses are final sale items due to hygiene reasons.
- Custom and Made-To-Order items cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded.
Please note mattresses, special orders, custom made furniture, and heavily discounted items are FINAL SALE.
Refunds can take up to 10 business days to process and show up on your credit card.
It is our primary goal to ensure your furniture arrives safely and promptly. Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us by email within 24 hours if the item is defective, damaged. We will evaluate the issue and make it right by filing a claim with the respective manufacturer. FurnishMyHome.ca will evaluate the issue and make it right by filing a claim with the respective manufacturer operating within the manufacturer warranty of the item to rectify the issue. Damaged items are not eligible for a full refund. To return a damaged item the regular return policy applies.
Warranties & Claims
FurnishMyHome.ca offers brand name furniture that carries a 1 year manufacturer warranty. If an item becomes defective within 1 year of ownership, a claim will be filed on your behalf with the respective manufacturer. Please be assured that FurnishMyHome.ca will do everything possible to resolve your claim quickly and efficiently. If you need to start a claim, please contact Custom Service with the information required below which will allow us to properly evaluate your claim:
- Photographs of the items, showing the condition they were received in and details of the defects.
- Photographs showing the product code on the boxes or on the product.
- If the boxes were visibly damaged, was this noted on the delivery receipt before receiving the order?
Due to variations in photography, monitors, and lighting, FurnishMyHome.ca cannot guarantee that the finish of the furniture will be exactly as pictured. Imperfections or variations in the grain, colour, or sheen may occur naturally in wood as well as during the dyeing/tanning process of fabric and leather. As a result, these naturally occurring characteristics are not viewed as damages or defects and therefore a claim in these instances will be denied.